Provides prompt, friendly, efficient, effective, safe and courteous quality service to all customers. Demonstrates high standards of performance with all duties inclusive of dispensing fuel, cashiering, merchandise handling as indicated, cleaning, maintenance, safety, security and other general duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Providing prompt and courteous customer service inclusive of greeting each customer in a prompt and timely manner.
- Maintaining a neat personal appearance in accordance with Company Uniform and Personal Appearance Policy
- Reacting to and reporting customer complaints tactfully and promptly
- Providing assistance to customers by filling gas tanks, and if requested washing windshields.
- Following all credit card, money order and check cashing policies
- Following all Company policies related to safety & security and EEO
- Looking for and eliminating safety hazards; reporting unsafe acts or conditions to management
- Preparing required accident/incident reports; immediately reporting such activity to management
- Preparing shift reports and other reports required by management
- Reporting to work on time; when needed adjusting work schedule as requested by management
- Working flexible hours and performing as a team member
- Following policies and procedures established to prevent loss of cash and merchandise due to actions by employees, vendors and customers
- Safeguarding cash, equipment and merchandise; follow Company robbery prevention and reaction procedures.
- Following proper cash handling procedures in accordance with Company policies
- Keeping gas islands clean
- Ensuring that equipment is in working order and promptly reporting any need for repairs
- Ensure proper fuel is dispensed into customer vehicle according to vehicle’s manufacturer specifications
- Attend training or meetings as required
Essential functions are fundamental job duties that an employee must be willing and able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. The full description of duties are required in the course of a typical work shift. For these reasons, all of the duties and functions are considered essential to each individual position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred or equivalent experience.
Ability to positively interact with customers in order to fulfill job requirements. Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; write routine reports as required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance on a ladder and/or stool, stoop, kneel or crouch when stocking and cleaning. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 50 pounds.
Outside (conditions include exposure to inclement weather, dust, fumes, etc.). Essential equipment used: gas and diesel pumps, credit card machine, cash register, cones, flashlights, hand truck, pen and pencil, squeegee and water bucket
The list of requirements, duties and qualifications is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job
description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies and changes in personnel, workload or technical development.)
The Station Manager